Sunday, May 5, 2019

Week 8 - Fort Lauderdale

Image result for Fort Lauderdale

Using the Avenger's time travel machine, I traveled about 5,000 years into the future. It is now 7010 and I surprisingly landed on Fort Lauderdale coastal city. However, it wasn't surprising to see the difference between Fort Lauderdale in 2019 and Fort Lauderdale in 7010. The shoreline has moved up quite a bit and there seems to be less land. In other words, it seems as if the sea has swallowed up some more land. In fact when I time traveled to Antarctica of the same year,I could barely see any ice at all! Looking around to observe the cause of the rise in sea levels, I can see that people are still driving their cars a lot. I see people using coal for cooking. I suspect that the amount of coal left in the world is little now in the year of 7010; it wouldn't surprise me if we had no fossil fuels left to burn or use. All of that burning of fossil fuels has really done a number on the increase of sea levels here at Fort Lauderdale. Natural contributions to global warming took a while; at least very little change every year. With the addition of anthropogenic effects such as humans burning a lot of fossil fuels,it seems like sea levels has risen even a couple years before I came here in 7010. It's no doubt that global warming occurred here in Fort Lauderdale and it's sad because although I wished to enjoy more views of the ocean, there is even smaller views of Earth's land. It seems a little bit too late, but it seems like laws were put up to only use fossil fuels at certain times. For example, I found out that the huge line I saw was a line to get fossil fuels. The prices on fossil fuels has risen to $200 and individuals get only one type of fossil fuel per 2 weeks! So far, it seems like these laws would help moderate the drastic climate change, but it seems to be too late.Considering this 5,000 year time frame, i think people now see the consequences between global warming and burning plenty of fossil fuels. One huge important one is that there are barely any glaciers left. In fact, ever since I've time traveled, I haven't seen on glacier yet. I see some people praying to see more glaciers. Some geologists have lost their jobs because there are barely any glaciers to even study and observe. Coming back to the year of 2019, I must warn everyone of what awaits the future if we humans continue burning too much fossil fuels... But it will be hard to convince people of my experience especially because my camera does no function backwards when time traveling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment