Sunday, December 1, 2019

Converging Faults - California

For this week's field journal, my wife and I were in California which has great mountains and beautiful oceans. We went to the California cliff sides which I think were a continental plate converging with a continental plate. I'm not entirely sure if this is correct but it definitely looked like that. It was a little foggy while we were there (so hard to get distance shots), but I hade some photos from May when we visited the same spot. The rocks look like they are folded to me with compressional force. I believe the faults were normal since the rocks dropped down, being the continental plate going under the continental plate. You can see sand being deposited by the ocean below. It was fun being able to see the cliffs after studying in this class and thinking of everything from a new perspective.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment