Monday, December 7, 2020

Week 8 - Global Warming - Cory Hall

     The year is 7010 A.D., roughly 5000 years after top leading climatologists began making a fuss over global warming, and the idea that the sea levels were rising. Turns out that fuss was a big deal. Here I am, a few hundred miles out at sea with my dive team over what used to be Las Vegas. I had always seen in movies and books of how bright and vibrant Vegas used to look, but the ocean swallowed it up a few hundred years ago. So here we are looking for relics of a past life, and the sea seems to be the only way to get away from the massive overcrowding on the mainland, since the sea levels rose we lost a lot of real estate. It's a shame that corporate greed was favored over the health of our planet, but this is the reality that we face now. I remember reading about how the planet is supposed to go through natural cycles of heating and cooling, but it seems as of late all it does it heat. I am glad to see that the New World Government is finally working on reducing carbon emissions and repairing the ozone layer, but many of us feel like it's too late. You know, maybe after this diving expedition, we'll sail to the North Pole. My crew and I have always wanted to see snow, and I hear they're supposed to get a light dusting this year.



                                                            Photo by Tiago Fioreze 2008

1 comment:

  1. not very promising, but at least the humanity survived to see the year 7010. nice work congratulations

    ReplyDelete