Saturday, June 27, 2020

Global Warming - Nature Cycles (Outer Banks, NC)

Growing up, I often visited the Outer Banks in North Carolina. The Outer Banks is on a peninsula called Bodie island, and it remains a thin sliver of land between ocean and bay. The area already faces rising sea levels which are slowly eroding away the dunes that protect the homes of the area. Since the Outer Banks is my favorite place in the world, I decided to visit it in my time machine to see if it survived global warming. Unfortunately, Bodie Island did not survive the rising sea levels. All that remained when I arrived in the year 7010 was the Bodie Island lighthouse. While we were due for another ice age, we were unable to escape the damages of global warming. Mankind made many changes as the effects of pollution became less and less avoidable, yet much of the damage that could have happened was prevented when mankind came to the realization. 



No comments:

Post a Comment