Sunday, June 28, 2020

Week 8 - Global Warming

Woke up in a random pod again. Phone was dead so I staggered outside to see what time it was. I opened the door and got blasted with extremely hot wind. Everything looks different, futuristic yet desolate. I walk to the nearest internet cafĂ© to figure out what is going on. I finagle my way to finding the news on one of these new computers that sit before me.

 

First thing I find is the weather for the day, Denver, Colorado, January 23rd, 7010 sunny with a high of 112. Main article is talking about the best vacation spots for your winter break. I see places like Fairbanks, Alaska and Antarctica describing their wonderful beachside resorts and mild temperatures. It gets me curious, so I keep digging. I find a few more articles. One talking about any land mass within the Tropic of Cancer or Capricorn are either underwater or way too hot to sustain life. Water had rose thousands of feet because of the Polar Ice Caps melting.

 

We lost the battle with Global warming. The world was too dependent on fossil fuels and methane producing livestock to combat the problems in the future. Most people have either moved to the Artic or Antarctic Circles to stay away from the heat. While some stayed and confine themselves to a refrigerated home during the summer months. This is the future we have to look forward to.


No comments:

Post a Comment