Saturday, November 3, 2018

Igneous Rocks in Durango

I used to live in a town in Mexico where the main source of employment was mining for gold and silver.  I remember me and my brother going into the mines to take lunch for my dad, and always wondering what they were looking for.  This town as I remember is hollow underneath from so many different mines that run under it.  At night you could hear noises under the ground and during the day you could hear the explosions they used to mine.  Gold and silver are igneous rocks and are abundant in this town.  Every time my dad goes back he brings some rocks with him to show us how gold and silver are extracted out of the rocks.  I am hoping that sometime soon I will be able to go back and take my kids since my oldest is interested in rocks and always is asking my dad on how it was when they used to work in the mines.

No comments:

Post a Comment