Sunday, July 14, 2019

Field trip to the Oregon Coast.



This week I am on the Oregon Coast near Lincoln City and have done a fair bit of fishing, hiking and exploring. I've noticed that a lot of the rock in the river beds and mountains are igneous and discovered that Oregon mountain landscape was shaped by the movement of plate tectonics and volcanic activity that occurred millions of years ago. The famous ocean cliffs that captivate tourist in this area are made of lava that traveled over a hundred miles to reach its current location after volcanic eruptions to form sheer cliffs overlooking the ocean for much of northern Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. It is pretty interesting to find that even while on vacation I could find things that correlate to this class and they are right in front of me if I only take the time to look.

References
https://www.oregongeology.org/learnmore/GeologicSightseeing.HTM





No comments:

Post a Comment