Friday, April 17, 2020

Week 6 - Geological Interpretations - Robbie Ficalora

For my field trip I traveled to Joshua Tree National Park.
Joshua Tree National Park, in the evening
The landscape of Joshua Tree is like none other, looking more like an alien planet than a pitstop one can make on a road trip between Disneyland and Las Vegas.
Rock scape at Joshua Tree; I took this on a trip between Disneyland and Las Vegas
Based off of the ranges of smooth boulders, I would want to see fossil data to get an idea if the deserts of Joshua Tree were once under water. Should there be evidence of aquatic life, then it would illustrate how the boulders could have been carried to the area via prehistoric water ways. There is also a mixture of igneous rock that has been weathered by the elements. I would like to look at data on fault lines to see if there is any evidence of volcanic activity in the region as well as evidence for the uplift of mountains in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment