Sunday, April 28, 2019

Death Valley-Mandy Andraska


Three stops that I found interest in the Death Valley tour were the Titus Canyon, Dante's View, and the Death Valley Dunes. Visiting these stops left me with some additional questions.

1. Titus Canyon
    Titus Canyon has a great deal of geologic interest, it is very diverse. It has mountains, a ghost town, wildlife, plants, and narrow canyons. When researching this canyon, I found this to be an incredible place, but it also seemed to be a scary place to traverse. I found that is is necessary to take a car when traveling in the canyon but it is a dangerous place to visit. What are the conditions like in the summer? Is travel advised at all? Flash flooding seems like it would be a very serious concern. How many rangers are in the canyon and what is the process of assisting a guest in the event of an adverse trip?


Titus Canyon-www.nps.gov
2. Dante's View
 Dante's View is widely known as one of the most beautiful parts of Death Valley. When looking out visitors can see the salt flats below...it is breathtaking. I wonder how the traverse is to make it to Dante's point. I also wonder how different the weather is at this peak compared to the canyons.
Dante's View-www.hikespeak.com
3. Death Valley Dunes 
 When learning about Death Valley there were so many spots that make me anxious thinking about how to prepare myself for a visit. I found it is really important to pick the right time of year, have enough maps and appropriate gear, and to overall be prepared for a visit. Because of this, the Dunes caught my attention. What fun does this look like? I like that these dunes are one of the most easily accessible attraction in Death Valley. The dunes are primarily grains of quartz and feldspar. When thinking about an upcoming visit I am drawn to learn more about the fun of these dunes--can visitors sand surf? What kind of wildlife can I expect to see? Are they rattlesnakes or other potentially dangerous creatures? 
Death Valley Dunes-www.earthtrekkers.com


No comments:

Post a Comment