Thursday, April 25, 2019

Week 7 - Death Valley - Noel Caddell

Badwater


Image result for death valley, badwater

Badwater is an interesting area because it is so old. All the pressure and heat it took to deform these rocks makes me wonder though. What forces were interacting to create these rocks? A Geologic map could help me see any faults in the area that may be able to give me an answer to my question. The type of rock would help me as well is it volcanic rock or is it sedimentary rock?


Dante's View

Dante's view

looking at this makes we wonder what caused this area to stretch apart so much. The plates that are moving beneath the surface would give me this information I also believe where the faults are located would be valuable to answering this question. 

Devils Golf Course

View of Devil's Golf Course

Looking at this makes me wonder if life can ever really thrive in this area again. will the water come back to this area in force and make a lake again? Even if it does will it be supersaturated and still form salt crystals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment