Friday, April 19, 2019

Week 6 - California Geology

California is the site of quite a range of tectonic activity. For this reason, in addition to the first-hand observations, I would need to ask several questions to further grasp California's geology.

The first question I would ask would be "How did the Sierra Nevada mountain range form?". I would ask this question because it would provide information on the forces and composition of rocks that led to the crustal deformations.

The next question I would ask would be "How did the San Andreas Fault form?". This would provide me with information on the plates responsible for much of California's geology. This could help me understand how other geologic occurrences happened as well.

The final question I would ask would be "Is there known volcanic activity in California?". By knowing if there is known volcanic activity, I can have a better understanding of the composition of rocks throughout California.

No comments:

Post a Comment