Monday, April 29, 2019

Week 7: Death Valley

I have driven through Death Valley, but I never really slowed down to appreciate it until recently. The area is so diverse. I just expected Death Valley to be a empty dessert with not much diversity. After reading and doing virtual tour of the area, I was quickly proven wrong. My favorite area was the Devils Golf Course. It is a salt pan that Is located in the Mojave Desert area located within Death Valley National Park. I assume this is on the edge of the valley, but its still considered part of it. This area was once a magnificent lake providing life to all those around. Now it is almost an eerie reminder of once was, and what every thriving area could turn into. The left-over salt from the dried-up area was molded by the weather and winds that pass through. Once day, if given the chance, I would like to see this area in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment