Monday, April 23, 2018

Elsinore Fault Zone


Observing known geological sites in California to perform geological interpretations of  the surrounding area was challenging. To make it easier I requested a few files. The first piece of information I requested ,was for carbon dating done on materials recovered from this site or surrounding fault zones, such as the San Andreas. Even if there are no carbon dating files from this exact site, a relatively close estimate could be made on this site from surround areas based on the principles of plate boundary zones and their formation. Furthermore, I requested for past seismic surveys, and any subsurface maps created; finally, I searched all local news agencies for stories from the local area on past quakes. Base on the information collected coupled with pictures and other descriptive articles, I formed an initial hypothesis then began to examine the geological structures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment