Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Volcano-Redoubt, Alaska

I have actually never visited an active volcano, and it is not on my list of things to see in this lifetime. I have seen a volcano when I was younger with my dad and my siblings when I was younger, around age 9. I remember very little about this as we were on our way to a baseball game. I was at that time more interested in getting to the game than seeing a volcano. I now realize it would have been smart of me to take advantage of seeing a real volcano.
Redoubt volcano located in Alaska has a subduction zone that was created from magma when the Pacific plates divided. The volcano started forming about 890,000 years ago. Over the past 10,000 years the activity has been a collapse of the summit which caused the volcano to produce lava and ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment