Friday, April 6, 2018

Week 3 Running water.

For my travel journals I visited Clear Creek trail in Arvada. Clear creek is a long expanse of water that flows approximately 66 miles long. I specifically visited  Ralston Creek and it was very evident by how the grown sunk in near the area that clear creek was much larger than it is now. Currently this is the time where floods happen most as the ground has been seeped with water. I noticed that the current appeared much faster near the center of the bed of flowing water and I assumed that this is because the sides of water like the bottom as well hit the ground and that friction of the sides of the ground slowed down the current.  Overall I really enjoyed seeing the river that I use to visit as a kid but found the experience very informative as I could understand the underlying nature of what is happening before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment